The Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association is holding this contest to obtain usable and appropriate photos which portray everyday activities on your farm or ranch. Photos will be used for future OCA publications and promotions. OCA, OCW or OJCA membership is required to enter. Only one photo submission per photographer.
How to Enter (Click here for a printable version)
Photos must be submitted by Dec. 15, 2013. Late entries will not be accepted.
All photos become the property of the OCA. Photos will be copyrighted by the OCA and may be redistributed by the OCA as it may choose.
The submitted photos must be the photographer’s original work, and the photos must have been taken in Oklahoma.
Photos do not need to be taken within the contest timeframe to be eligible to win.
The photographer may only submit 1 image.
Photos with date stamps will not be accepted.
Please set your camera to 6 megapixels or higher for these photos. The more megapixels, the better!
All photos should be submitted in a JPG format.
All photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will not be chosen. Any images not meeting these specifications will be disqualified.
OCA will at its sole discretion determine eligibility. OCA reserves the right to reject and disqualify any images that are considered inappropriate.
The photo contest selection committee will select the top six photos submitted. The top six photos will then be voted on by OCA Facebook Fans. The top six finalists will be notified via email on Jan. 6, 2014. OCA Facebook Fans will vote for the winner out of the top 6 finalists. The photo with the most “likes” will win. Voting will begin Jan. 2, 2014 and end Jan. 31, 2014.
The top three winners of the OCA photo contest will be featured on our website, e-newsletter, social media and during the OCA Annual Convention and Trade Show in July. The top three voted photos will be framed and auctioned off during convention. 25% of the proceeds from the framed photo will go back to the photographer. The other 75% will cover the cost of framing and the remainder will be donated to the Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Foundation.