Oklahoma Beef Industry Speech Contest
Monday, February 6, 2017
Redlands Community College,
El Reno, OK
- Categories: Animal Science, Agribusiness, Agricultural Policy, 8th Grade Agriculture Exploration and 8-9-10th Grade General Agriculture.
- Contestants will be disqualified if their speech fails to clearly mention the Oklahoma Beef Council and explain how their topic relates to the Beef Checkoff Program.
- A list of resources is available at www.okcattlemen.org and www.oklabeef.org.
- Oklahoma FFA Prepared Public Speaking rules will apply.
- Members may participate in more than one division if different speeches are given in each division.
- Speeches will be judges by a panel of judges individually scoring each speaker. Each judge will in order all contestants, highest score to lowest score. Collectively, judges will add ranking scores to select the category winner, with the lowest total ranking points winning the category. Any contestant receiving a first place vote from two judges automatically wins. The Oklahoma FFA Association State Public Speaking Event Judges’ Score Sheet will be used.
- First place from each category will advance to the finals to be held at the conclusion of all categories.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three individuals in each category.
- $1,000 added money will be awarded as follows: $500 to overall winner, $100 to each division winner.
- Pre-register by Friday, February 3, 2017 at www.okcattlemen.org. Contestants not pre-registered will be eligible to participate but will speak first in their division.
For questions or more information, contact the
Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association at 405-235-4391 or Tiffani Pruitt at 405-517-4234 or email@example.com.